



I have to admit it's not often that I am completely taken unaware. I can usually figure out surprises easily; I have a nose for them. But this time, I was completely and utterly surprised. Erin, Jon and family drove 12 hours to land at our door this past Thursday just around noon. On a whim them decided to come see us for a few days. I just couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. My babies were here at my house on my porch!
We didn't do anything major but we did pack a lot of activities in one short time span. Jon and the kids went sledding one afternoon and spent some time the next day building a snow fort. Then too Jon managed to combine the visit with some business as he spent a couple of hours with the management of Purdue's facilities. In addition Grandpa took off work Friday afternoon to take the 4 kids "training." One evening we celebrated 3 birthdays- Daniel 2/16, Ryan 2/22 and Hannah 2/24. Gorged ourselves on Pizza King and birthday cake. UGH! The last night we played charades. Nothing major; just lots of love and hugging on one another.
The Varnell clan left this morning. I refuse to dwell on the negative of missing them; I'll just savor the memories and tuck them away in my heart until I can be with them again.
1 comment:
We had a great time, Mom. Can't wait to see you again when the new little one arrives in May!
Post a Comment