Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The New Normal



Well, it's not good news folks. Mom has definitely dropped down another notch since her latest "spell." This morning she came out of her bedroom and said, "Where am I?" That just about sums up her condition. She can no longer do any task on her own initiative. I need to tell her to do everything.

She doesn't seem able to see very well. She has the weirdest wild-eye look, much like the look in Dad's eyes the last year or two of his life. It's a look of complete bewilderment and fright. She says also that her eyes ache. That's always the alarm when she has a stroke; her eyes are affected.

I don't know if this is her new normal. Hopefully, she will bounce back once more but if not, she is now in a deeper never-never land where there is no yesterday and no tomorrow. Just existing.

I am taking her blood pressure at least 2x/day and then report the readings to her Dr in Flora. We see him next Monday, not Saturday as I originally reported. I'm still mostly zeroing in on her new blood pressure medicine as the culprit.

Well, keep praying and we'll keep keeping on. I fall back on the Lord and rely on His wisdom in knowing what Mom's future holds. Pray for me that I will hear His voice to be able to do what needs to be done for Mom.

No comments: