Monday, April 6, 2009

Snow, snow go away...




A lonely little hyacinth trying desperately to hang on




Poor little daffodils shivering in the cold



I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of crummy weather. I hate cold. AND I hate being inside all the time. Give me an all-around temp of 78 degrees and I'm a happy camper. So this winter has been especially trying as it's been nothing but cold, wet, damp, snowy and miserable. Last night didn't do anything to lift my spirit-we had a sprinkling of snow. It's nothing major- in fact it's really nothing much at all. It's just the fact that it's April and we're still experiencing winter weather.

I know what you're saying- she says this now but when it's 98 and humid she'll be whining about the heat! Not so, dear Blogspherete (do many guys read this blog?). Give me heat over cold any old day.

Anyway, I do have some hope as my lettuce and some snowpeas (ha, ha) have germinated and are poking their little green leaves through the garden dirt. Hopefully, they survived this latest onslaught. My early veggies are in the ground and if no deer or frost or rainrot kills them, we should be eating fresh greens within the month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Same thing here. Yesterday was gorgeous and sunny; I spent all day outdoors and kicked off the evening with ice cream and a cookout. Now, it's gray and cold and rainy and gross. Come on, April. Pull through!

Anonymous said...

Whatever you said, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!


"O"