
Today at noon I drove to downtown Lafayette to attend my first ever political rally. There were about a thousand attendees on the pedestrian bridge between Lafayette and W. Lafayette. I ran into a teacher I had in high school, some fellow parishioners from my church, and some old friends from Flora. It was cold, cold and cold but we just got together to voice our protest that enough is enough. The rally was very civil and culminated with throwing about a pound of tea into the Wabash River. The rally organizer said he would pay the $120 fine if the city follows through with their threat. He had obtained permits from federal and state authorities but at the last minute, an environmental group in Lafayette protested that the tea would suck the oxygen out of the river, killing the fish. You should have heard the hoots and hollers on that one, considering the pollutants put into the Wabash River by the downtown businesses on a regular basis have already killed off every fish in the Wabash River.
Anyway, this 60 year old grandma couldn't let this opportunity go by without saying that for the first time in my lifetime, I am fearful for the United States.


2 comments:
Great effort Cindy! I hope these parties really wake up our government.
So glad you went to the Tea Revolt "Thing". I so wanted to go. I am afraid for my Beloved United States of America. We can't let that happen. This 93 year old LOVES her country!!!!!!!
Opal
Post a Comment