The Cake
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
She's 89
We celebrated Mama Jo's birthday with a big bang. Kirk (my brother) was in town for the festivities and we were joined by Russ and Carole Siler (Mom's 1st cousin) Deke and all of the assisted living residents so it was a resident/family affair. We held the celebration at noon in the main lounge of the assisted living facilities and served Arni's Pizza and Arni's famous salads to the attendees. Of course we also scarfed down cake and ice cream to top it off. Mom seemed to enjoy the time although her memory of the event lasted only a moment. When I told her she was turning 89, she caught her breath and said that was just impossible; she certainly didn't feel like an old woman. It was a poignant moment for all of us and one that we can store in our memories for a lifetime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for all the good pictures. I have tears looking at them and wishing that I could have been there.
Pam
wonderful!! Happy birthday to Mama Jo! Wish we could have been there too!!!
Post a Comment