Saturday Deke and I tooled up to North Judson to see a train steam engine that was making a run for the train fans in the area. While in town, we strolled through their main street's annual event, the "Mint Festival," with the usual fare of elephant ears, lemonade shake-ups, and tenderloin sandwiches. Never could figure out where the mint was. But that fare is normal for any festival in Indiana. However, in all my wildest Hoosier dreams, I wasn't prepared for the exhibit at the wood carver's display. All I could do was shake my head in wonder and give thanks for my little digital camera I keep in my purse most times.
This picture is for all Hoosiers and Wolverines and Buckeyes. Only you could know what you're looking at; no one else would have a clue. In fact, some would be grossed out at such an exhibit. But we Hoosiers salivate when we see something of this nature, and we celebrate our heritage and stick out our chests a little farther and dream of those May days tramping through the woods. So why not sit down on your favorite bench, surrounded by the constant reminder of those glorious expeditions. As we say in Hoosiereze: "The morel, the better."

The masterpiece

The master at work

The reason for the trip in the first place
1 comment:
Well if you can't find them, I guess looking at them is the next best thing.
Post a Comment