Sunday, June 26, 2011

Granite or Quartz

Yesterday was our 41st wedding anniversary. Deke took me out to eat at Olive Garden and toward the end of our meal, the server came to our table with a beautiful little white tray held aloft and covered with a white cloth. She said she and the staff wanted to wish us a happy anniversary and to show their happiness for our occasion, they wanted to congratulate us by presenting us with... voila!




At first I was completely stumped, but quickly figured it out when I looked at the huge wide grin on Deke's face. He had arranged this whole thing with the staff to surprise me with a gift of new kitchen countertops!

I have poured over the brochures and samples since last night and have pretty much decided on quartz. It's a little more expensive than granite but once it's installed, it's done. No upkeep, no chipping, no scratches, no sealing, no nothing. It's pretty much maintenance free.

So every time I think my hubby just couldn't come up with a bigger surprise than the last one, he comes up with this one. I think I'll keep him!

1 comment:

Six in the Mix said...

Cool! Way to go, Pops! Quartz all the way. My in-laws had it and loved it and I'm not crazy about the granite in our kitchen. It's nice, but I agree--go with quartz.