Thursday, October 1, 2009

You say Potahto-I say Putaduh

October 1st. Potato digging time.

I just walked back from the garden with two 5-gallon buckets filled with newly-dug potatoes. I planted a mixture of russets and Idaho bakers, and given it was my first attempt at growing them, I'm pleased with the results.

I also picked the last of the tomatoes. Mixed in with the produce were green peppers, which are still producing splendidly, plus I did get 6 green beans after the deer completely whacked off all of the tops on my second planting. Oh, well. All in all, this garden year was very bounteous.

I know this looks like a pile of weeds, but buried within the hill are plump, delicious potatoes just waiting for someone to dig them up.



This is the bounty under one hill.



After digging out 6 hills, this was the take.

2 comments:

Mark and Lori said...

WOW! That's awesome! I'd love to have some potato soup, potato salad, real mashed potatoes, baked potatoes...fried potatoes...oh...I guess I'm hungry!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, yummy! You did good!!! Long time, no see. Loves y'all "O"