Friday, October 30, 2009

I Lost a Good Friend This Morning

Yuck!


Clean but but no longer breathing



Well, I guess I'm getting desperate when I start blogging about my basement refrigerator that goes on the blink. But to me it's big news and sad news to boot because we've had that refrigerator since our Beavercreek, Ohio, days and it's been a good friend. Dependable. Reliable. Efficient. Has supported me in many a meal preparation and doesn't give me a cold shoulder very often. Our friendship has lasted for 26 years, as long as Emily's been born.

I expect it's the condenser but not being a mechanic, I could be wrong. Maybe it's just tired and wants to go to the frig graveyard. Should I resuscitate? Can I just let a friend slip away unnoticed and unwanted? Do I replace it with a brand new companion- one eager to please but probably not nearly as reliable or user-friendly? Do I really want to spend the time, money and energy breaking in a new relationship?

Oh woe is me. To do or not to do. That is the question.

No comments: