Unbelievable sight. Deke and I were driving home from church today when Deke says, "What was that?"
Of course I hadn't seen anything so I could not comment. He proceeds to back up the car and we stop next to the electrical wire where, astonishingly, two birds are hanging from the wire upside down, dead! Fried. Singed. Rigor mortised. Dehydrated. Just hanging from their little feet upside down, dead. Never had we ever seen such a sight. The reason I didn't get both of them in one shot was because they were spaced about 20 feet apart. It's hard enough telling what they are even with the camera zoomed completely.
Has anyone ever seen this before? And the question arises: How could this have happened? For them to be fried as they were, they would have had to have touched both wires at the same time. And how in the world could they have hung on by their little feet after the electrocution? What happened to these birds????
We need CSI to do some investigating. I'm hoping the satellites captured the carnage on one of their surveillance cameras. Surely there are some clues that we missed on the wires. Were there other dead little critters in the ditch? Did a meteor zoom out of the night sky and wipe out two little innocent birdies just resting on the wire? Did they simultaneously lick the wire? Were they bat wannabes? Did their fellow birdies take them out?
There has to be a closing for these little birds to rest in peace. Any ideas?
4 comments:
sounds like a good premise for Jonny's next movie.
If they were transmission lines and not distribution it could have been an arc or flash over that killed them.
Something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQSsgbzkMQ
I go with the wanna be bats.
Murdered. The culprit took a hair dryer to the bird bath, then transported the victims to the wire to hang as warnings for any future double-crossers. Gruesome.
Post a Comment