Friday, August 28, 2009

Mama Jo's New Digs

Today I moved Mama Jo into Milner Assisted Living Healthcare. It's located in Rossville about 20 minutes from our house. The facility is very nice and the staff assures me that they can care for Mom even with her memory deficit. Mom seems to be happy there but when we go back Sunday, I'll ask the nurses how the transition is going.

Pam and I set up the apartment this past Wed so when I took her to Rossville after her hair appointment in FLora, we just went to her new digs instead of returning to Delphi. Mom had no idea that she was moving so when we showed up she seemed to accept the idea readily.

Tonight after dinner, we all went to see her and found her at the dinner table talking to one of the other residents. Deke and I will go back Sunday after church so I'll update you then. Until then, pray that this transition goes well.

Front entrance to the assisted living building



Mom's apartment



Sitting in one of the lounges with the great grandchildren


Bedroom


Livingroom


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want you to know I am checking blog for updates. New 'digs' look great As placid as she seems, hope all goes well. Missed seeing Pam, but know you were busy.Keep me posted and come see me. Opal

Six in the Mix said...

Looks nice. Glad she is settled with familiar items around her.