Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stuff for Sale






OK family. Remember our pledge to tell family about things for sale before selling them? We've had the sailboat since our Oklahoma days and the two mowers are just sitting in the barn collecting dust. So we dusted them all off and put them on Craigs List Sunday. Had two lookers so far. We more than doubled the price for the John Deere when no one in the family could use it so we're hoping for a good sale. The sailboat will go for no less than $2,000 so don't even ask for a discount. Actually Scooter is not all that excited about selling it so if it doesn't sell, he won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Please don't sell the boat. Please don't sell the boat. Please don't sell the boat. It's bad enough that Grandpa's "tractor" has to go, what with the kajillion memories attached to it and all. I'm willing to let you sell it, simply because there's no use for it anymore and we have home videos of it and it's not mine to keep in the first place. But the boat? Our own little banana boat? Reconsider, I beg you.

Anonymous said...

Think about this, too. Given the incredible deal you got on the boat in the first place, you still haven't paid for what it's actually worth, even adding up all the taxes. It costs nothing to store (admit you have the space for it), and the grandkids are just now getting to the age where they'll really enjoy it. Plus, the horrid adventure we had on Lake Shallow last summer cannot go down in history as the boat's last hurrah. It simply can't.

Natalie said...

(in my best protest voice)

Save the Boat.

Save the Boat.

Save the Boat.

Save the Boat.

Marnie said...

I'd take the boat, but I'm not sure it'll fit through our front door. Maybe we can put it on the sidewalk, or on the roof deck. Let me think about this.

Anonymous said...

does Mark know about this? I'm telling!! good job in the pics by the way! Craigslisters will love them!

Stephan Segraves said...

Is this the boat that almost drowned me on Lake Michigan? If it is, I lean toward selling it, then again, it is a cherished memory, so keep it!