Mama Jo has gone home to glory!
There were many people who came to say their good-byes, sent cards, letters, and loving words of comfort. My Sunday school class absolutely showered us with food stuff, so much so, that two refrigerators and 3 freezers could hardly contain the meals.
Mom's service was especially beautiful and poignant. We three kids and most of the grandchildren spoke about her, and Deke conducted the service. Five of the grandchildren sang a song that was especially meaningful to Mom. I think it perfectly honored Mom and glorified the Lord. She's home, her memory is restored and her new body is once again in motion. In fact, Natalie mentioned that she's probably on duty polishing the pearly gates!
Mom knew the Lord and was ready to go home. She suffered for 4 years after an encephalitis attack that left damaged the part of her brain that controls memory. Much like Alzheimer's but this happened within 4 hours. Over the four years, Mom turned into this docile, agreeable, lovely, happy, contented creature who drew people with her love. Had a perpetual smile on her face. Her constant mantra: "Have I told you today that I love you?"
We will miss her but she's home and I'm happy for her. As Deke and I were driving onto the OH interstate trying to get home the morning after learning she had died, the first car to pass us had the license plate "WEL GLRY." It was a note from the Lord to me saying, "Hey, Mama Jo and I are here, and have We told you today that We love you?"
WELL GLORY!!!

1 comment:
Amen! Love you!
Post a Comment