Monday, August 2, 2010

How's That Again?

Today was Mama Jo's birthday. When I called and ordered her cake last week, the lady asked me what I wanted on it. I said, "Happy Birthday Joan" and then added, she's an 88 year old woman. When Deke picked up the cake, written on the top was "Happy Birthday Joan (88 year old woman)." Good help is hard to get.













The residents enjoying the birthday cake and ice cream




Applying some lipstick




Enjoying the courtyard




Pretty, for an 88 year old woman

4 comments:

Natalie said...

oh my word, i almost peed my pants reading that cake. there is a web site called cake wrecks that posts pictures of cakes just like that.

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

Here's a link to their Creative Grammar section of the Cake Wrecks Web site. Some true gems

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/search/label/Creative%20Grammar

Anonymous said...

Didn't go as far as Natalie, but that was hilarious1 And she looks so pretty. Now I wish I had gone. 'O'

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

Nat
I sent it to your Cake Wrecks link. Let's see if they publish it!