Friday, February 12, 2010

Hoary Frost

After Deke left for work, I went outside to try to capture the beauty of the morning. There was a magical feeling in the air, much like the atmosphere surrounding the ice-encrusted palace of "Dr Zhivago" when the Dr and Laura came upon his boyhood home in the dead of a Siberian winter. There was a hoary frost attached to everything, making it an icy wonderland. Even the air was noticeably crisp and snappy cold. Hopefully these pictures will capture just a fraction of the magic I experienced this morning.





Erin, wish I had your camera to get the macro shot needed to justify this scene





The following is an edited excerpt:

A half hour after I posted the above blog, I walked to the mailbox (without my digital) and had to run back to get this next shot before the frost completely disappeared. It's about 10 minutes too late but still might capture the awe I felt when I saw it.

2 comments:

Mark and Lori said...

That is really cool mom!

Mark and Lori said...

beautiful!!! Wish we were there with you!!!