Friday, July 17, 2009

Carroll County Fair

Deke and I went to the fair last night. It's a sad affair compared to when I was a kid but we still found our pork tenderloin sandwich, PSI IOTA cookies, and some antique tractors.

















Check out the soft ice cream. These cones are SMALL and cost $1.00. Eat your arteries out, big city folk! Pam, that's Marsha Trapp serving the cones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marsha looks like her mom. Haven't seen her for 45 years.

Jeff said...

Mmmm, tenderloin sandwich.

Natalie said...

Mmmm, tenderloin sandwiches and PSI IOTA cookies!!

Looks like you guys had the fair to yourself!! Not a single soul in any of our pictures...except Marsha. And, I remember stopping at Marsha's stand to buy ice cream when we were last there for the fair.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of tenderloin sandwich but now I've googled a recipe and will have to make it sometime soon for the Indiana boy.

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

Mary
You've got to get a great slab of pork, beat it to death, dip it in batter and deep fry the thing to really make it great! This thing shoots the cholesterol up about 25 pts/bite! BUT it's oh so worth it! It's also regional just like euchre and Pizza King. No one, outside of Indiana, even knows what you're talking about when you ask for a tenderloin sandwich.