Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Ol' Switcharoo




Deke and I decided to purchase a 52" TV for our Christmas. We waited until the prices were rock bottom and then Deke negotiated so he got a good deal (always the money man). Anyway, in order to put the TV in the basement, we had to switch the bookcases. So the bookcases that Deke made years ago that were upstairs in the livingroom, now found their new home in the basement. AND the really good bookcases that housed the TV that were downstairs, were moved upstairs to the livingroom. I really like the livingroom arrangement now but the basement arrangement definitely needs a lot of tweeking (didn't have room for all 4 bookcases). Deke just squeeked out a suggestion that he might build a wall unit to house the TV and all the DVD's, old tapes, books, DVR, etc. I can see that project coming to fruition about next year at this time, but it's a good thing to look forward to anyway.

I've also included a picture ofMom's chest of drawers that we put in the kitchen. I have to move the clock up a few inches yet but you get the idea. The chest blends in with the cabinets perfectly and goes super well with the 2-year-old fabric I bought for the kitchen valance. When it's all done I think it will look great! What a wonderful feeling to get rid of so much stuff that accumulates over the years.

So, next time you come to visit, you'll find some rearranging around here.

3 comments:

Mark and Lori said...

AWESOME!!! We love it guys!

Anonymous said...

So you will know I read your blog. Wanted you to know I did go to grocery store yesterday---spent 43.00. Old mother's cupboard was bare!!! First had been out since removal of stitches.
LOL, Opal

Six in the Mix said...

Love the clock/dresser/lamps arrangement. I remember the material. It will look great!